If you recieve alot of scam email and spam

Started by zx261242, Nov 06, 2022, 12:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Nov 06, 2022, 12:40 PM Last Edit: Nov 06, 2022, 12:44 PM by zx261242
To check if your email has been compromised

If your email inbox is overrun with many scams and spam emails. It would typically point to your email address is on a list somewhere or sadly you have been scammed before and they see you as an easy target.

The first thing to check is if your email address has been leaked in a data breach at any time. One of the best websites for this is

Have I Been Pwned

it allows users to enter their email addresses and passwords to see if they have been leaked.

If your email address has been leaked I would recommend opening a new one, but ensure you change all accounts linked to that email address before closing the leaked email address.

To check if your password has been compromised

Checking if your password has been leaked in a data breach can also be entered into the same website on the following link:

Have I Been Pwned Passwords

If your password has been leaked in a data breach, change it immediately starting with the email address and then all accounts that use the same password.

I would highly recommend using a strong password and 2FA on all accounts. Password managers such as Last Pass are great for your day-to-day online security they will encourage a strong unique password for every new site registration.

I have two email addresses that were breached a long time ago, I keep them open for the purpose of posting scams online. On a daily basis, they are overrun with scams, mostly advance fee-type scams.

The amount of spam I receive daily is overwhelming!